Sunday, April 5, 2009

Catching up

It's a been a very hectic time lately but I wanted to get in a quick update before I go off the grid completely until mid-week.

First off, I want to give a big happy congratulations to Jenny & Chris Foust on the arrival of thier first daughter together, Kamryn.

Hate to follow that with a sad note but I have mention the tragic passing of actor/singer Andy Hallet, best known for his role as the Cabaret hosting Empath demon Lorne on the cult and beloved television series Angel. He died so young at the age of 33 last weekend from heart failure. My prayers and thoughts are with his family and friends. He created one of the most original, joyous and endeliable characters in TV history as far as I'm concerned.

Baseball season starts tonight and Opening Day is offically tomorrow. I'm sad I'm going to miss it as I'll be camping way out on Colorado Bend with my Dad and Godfather Mike, but it's good to know baseball is back.

In other sports news I'm pulling for the Michigan State Spartans all the way against the North Carolina Tarheels in tomorrow night's NCAA Men's Basketball Championship game. Coach Tom Izzo is a class act and I'm almost as sick of the Tarheels as I am that other school in thier area.

Quick movie recommendation : I Love You Man is another top-notch comedy starring Paul Rudd and Jason Segel, both of whom are coming off two great comedies from last year in Forgeting Sarah Marshal and Role Models. I also really enjoyed Adventureland from the director of Superbad, although it's less of a straight up comedy and more akin to coming of age flicks like Some Kind of Wonderful or Say Anything... And it's easily the first time I've actually liked Kristen "Pouty Twilight Girl" Stewart in something. Maybe I'll have to give more of a benefit fo the doubt from now on. But that Twilight series, sheesh, just do not get it.

That's all for now, time to head on to see the one and only Bruce Springsteen & the E-Street Band live in concert for the first time. Hells YEAH!

No comments: